Thursday, April 2, 2020

Coronavirus, Working, It is April, Finally!

Wow!  So here we are, we are in month Four of the Coronavirus.  Everyone is quarantined at home until the Government says so.  Trump is an idiot.  They all told us not to wear face masks because they don't work and now they are about the announce that we all should be wearing face masks, but they aren't available.  There are currently 1,011,490 case of COVID-19 in the world and the USA has 242,182 of them.  We have 36 Confirmed cases in Independence, MO and over 1,800 in Missouri.

I should have started this blog back in March when things started to get serious.  Back in 2019 we booked four days in Disney World for June of 2020 and now that park is closed and I don't think we will be going.  Everyone is really bummed.   School shut down a week before Spring Break in March and Jen and Xander are stuck at home.  Jen is back to work this week and Xander is playing a lot of Fortnite and Minecraft and reading books when his Mom makes him.  I wish he would read Harry Potter, I think he would really enjoy it.

Gas prices were $1.68 on my way home tonight.  Russia and Saudia Arabia are fighting a gas war and the entire world is in quarantine so no one is driving so the gas prices are plummeting.   We are running the Tech Department on 4 Essential staff and it is killing us.  We are be forced to hand out Chromebooks to our families because we still are not a 1:1.  We are told we can't wear any protective gear because it makes the public panic.  I know I am going to catch the virus, it is just a matter of when.  The enemy is invisible, so it is just a matter of time.

Well it is finally April, and it is getting warmer so it is about time to plant the garden.  I finally got my garden beds built at the new house and now I just have to battle the deer.  I am sure there will be more on that later.    Other than that we are all just sitting around trying not to be bored.  I am just tired maily, I have to be at work at 7:00AM for meal prep, then go solve tech issues, hand out chromebooks to the public from 10am to 1pm, then answer some email and go to a Zoom Cabinet meeting at 3:00pm and it usually lasts about 1 to 1.5 hours.  Then I try to answer some more emails and go home after working 10-12 hours, Monday - Friday.  Sara is mad at me for not being safe, but the superintendent isn't allowing us to be safe.  I am trying to be safe and smart but just buying time until I catch the virus.  I am not afraid of catching the virus, but I don't really want to be sick.  Well we will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment